Things I've learnt this week
- There are no tasteful Myspace layouts. It’s simply not possible
- Most of the invites on above are spammers or struggling musos. No thanks..
- I like Perl’s way of writing to files better than Python’s
- Olive oil makes a fast and effective makeup remover (the things I learn from Meish!)
- Headhunting old work colleagues is fun and potentially profitable
- 512mb memory sticks don’t cut it anymore. Thankfully bigger ones are dirt cheap
- Lawrence of Arabia is quite long and slow in parts, despite being a classic movie.
- OpenID doesn’t get enough love among the general web community
I’ll also need to change my diet, which has regressed a little – feeling a little grungy lately and that’s not good. I might pop down to the chemist and look at some of the liver cleansing packs they carry; it helped last time. Cutting back on the junk completely might help, as would limiting myself to just a couple of cups of coffee a week, not the 3 a day some of my work colleagues are drinking.