BIG FAT NOTE: As of 9 October the Enterprise Linux packages have a new RPM GPG key. Please update thatfleminggent-release to 5-5 to get the new key. All packages have been re-signed with Key ID 5660E21B
BIGGER FATTER 2017 NOTE: If you are reading or using this in 2017 what the fuck are you doing? These packages are now older than dirt, remove thatfleminggent-release etc NOW.
If there’s something that hasn’t been superseded by EPEL/Remi/RPMForge:
- Grab a bottle of strong alcohol. If you’re running EL5, make it absinthe.
- Check that someone has current, maintained packages for your version of Fedora/Red Hat/derivatives. If they haven’t, grab a copy of rpmdevtools and mock and roll your own. Volunteer to maintain it in EPEL, which is what I used to do.
- Start uninstalling that old shit.
- Install the newer stuff.
- If it’s working, awesome. Finish the bottle and carry on.
- If it’s not working, well you’re a bit fucked, sorry. Finish the bottle anyway, you’re gonna need it.